I hope that all is well with you and your family!
We had a very successful first week of the reopening of our school building. Students were brimming with enthusiasm at finally being able to have some sense of normalcy. Now that we are back to in person learning below are some reminders regarding the remainder of the school year:
· Daily attendance is mandatory for synchronous online instruction.
· Students with in person learning must bring their school issued laptops daily for use when engaging in some virtual classes.
· It is a requirement by the DOE that all students who report to the school for in person instruction complete a covid 19 testing consent form. Please ensure that this has been completed online via your NYCDOE Myschools account or in physical form. Additionally, students must complete the health questionnaire every day prior to entering the building. We recommend students use their phones to complete the form by clicking on the link that was emailed to them via Pupil Path by Ms. Bernabel (Parent Coordinator).
· The second marking period ends May 7th. Please ensure that your child is monitoring their grades on Pupil Path to ensure that he/she is successful. Please reach out to any teacher or Ms. Bernabel regarding academic concerns.
· SAT exams will be administered to juniors on April 13th. The week prior, we will email students and parents more about what that day will entail with regard to student schedules.
· Regents exams will be offered this year in June. Specifically, the Algebra 1, ELA, and Living Environment. We will provide students who must take these exams with invitations at the beginning of May.
· We will begin after school activities on April 5th; tutoring, clubs, and Dancewave. We will email students and parents this information once we finalize the tutoring schedule and the clubs.
· Many AP exams will take place virtually during the first week of June (A schedule was mailed out to parents and students). These exams can only be taken on a laptop issued by the school and a special software must be downloaded. We will exchange DOE Ipads with laptops for students who are in need. During the first week of May we will email you and inform students about dates and times for this process.
Thank you for your continued support!
Manuel Urena, Principal