· Please reach out to me if you have not registered for Pupilpath (Online grading system) and/or if you have not registered for your DOE Myschools account.
· Please email me the Covid 19 consent forms; this is mandatory for all blended learning students prior to them attending school.
· The 2nd marking period ends this Friday, December 4th. Report cards will be available via Pupilpath and will via parent/student Myschools DOE accounts. Please have your child check their progress on Pupilpath and check in with their teachers regarding any concerns about grades prior to the end of the marking period.
· We will conduct virtual grade level assemblies this month; 9/12 grade after school on December 17th and 10/11 after school on December 18th. Among other things, students who achieved honor roll status during the first marking period will be given awards.
· There is no school on Thursday, December 24th, to Friday, January 1st because of winter recess.
· If your child received an NX as a grade during the spring or summer semesters she/he has until January to make up the work in order to receive the credit. It is imperative that all students with a previous NX grade make up the work as soon as possible. The opportunity to make up the work will not exist after January and the class may be required for any waived state exams the state may offer in the future.
· We encourage that any student with an IEP who is currently 100% remote change to blended in person learning.
· As you all may have heard by now, the Mayor and Chancellor have announced that all learning will be done remotely until further notice. All students must log onto classes synchronously during the period the lesson takes place.
· The Chancellor also announced the following:
Students in grades 6 through 12 (outside of District 75 schools) will continue to learn remotely until further notice.
Mandatory Weekly Testing: To ensure schools remain a safe and health place to learn, all schools will have 20% of students and staff tested on a weekly basis. Scheduling and logistics for testing will be shared with you prior to your test administration day each week.
Student Consent: All students are required to provide consent for testing by December 7 or by their first scheduled in-person learning day. If a student arrives on their first day of in-person without a consent form in hand or submitted online, the school will call their parent or guardian that day to collect consent immediately.
o Families can submit consent using NYCSA or this updated consent form. Please note that even if parents previously provided consent, we are asking them to submit again to ensure they have the updated consent form for their child that reflects the requirement for weekly testing in your school. Note that the consent form was updated on Wednesday, October 14 to reflect this change.
o Students who need a medical exemption (available for all students) or disability-based exemption (available for students with IEPs) will be able to submit separate forms for approval.
o Students without consent and who do not have medical exemption or disability-based exemption will be moved to fully remote instruction.